With LayUp, your customers pay in
instalments via our simple system
The same system handles collections and settlement so that you don’t have to. This creates good financial
habits for them, whilst giving you access to a much larger market.
The customer is required to pay a small deposit (determined by you, the merchant) in order to secure the selected items at the advertised price and activate his/her payment plan. The customer then determines the number of weeks/months that they would like to pay for the product or service, subject to the maximum length of the payment plan (again determined by you, the merchant).
The customer must then fulfill their commitment and only once a payment plan is complete may the goods/services be redeemed.
- Your customers do not need to complete an application process or enter into a loan agreement
- No hidden fees or interest is levied on the total value of goods/services purchased
- Customers are not required to provide personal information that would typically cause delays or to default entirely and for-fit the chosen goods/services
- Various payment plan terms are offered to the customer ranging between 3 – 24 months
- By offering your customers this option, our experience and market research shows that customers are more inclined to buy and/or will likely purchase more as a result of the affordability and flexibility which LayUp provides
- By assisting customers in avoiding unwarranted debt, you increase retention and thereby the likelihood of future purchases
Yes, LayUp offers an omni-channel service for both online and in-store consumers.
- Online: rapid and seamless integration to your existing web-based platform through our dynamic, IT light API (application programming interface)
- In-store: no integration required. Simply Sign Up as a merchant and we will provide you with your own, dedicated merchant dashboard. You can then create a client’s payment plan immediately in-store which the client must then activate by making a percentage or pre-determined deposit payment (customisable for each payment plan created)
- LayUp offers automated recurring billing
- Monthly collections and reconciliation
- 24/7 merchant and customer support
- Personalised merchant and consumer dashboards
- Split payment features for users to split the payment plan amongst guests
Yes, of course you can! For custom built websites, please contact [email protected] and one of our expert account managers will explain the integration process.
You’re in luck, yes we do! Please follow the link to the Woocommerce plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-layup-payment-gateway/
Shopify & Magento plug-in are available, please contact merchant support to get activated.
Yes, sure you can amend your payment plan. Send through the required and approved updates to [email protected] and we will get in touch to process the amendments and adjust the payment plan accordingly.
From an end-user perspective, some the benefits include:
- Secure desired items now without paying in full
- Paying by instalments makes purchasing items online more flexible with no added upfront transaction costs
- Interest-free monthly instalments
- Customer can use any issued Mastercard or Visa credit or debit card to pay their instalments
- No credit checks and extensive personal information required that would likely cause delays and distractions from completing the purchase
- ‘Gamification’ model features to reduce financial obligations
Once you have activated a payment plan with LayUp, via card or EFT you log into into your personalised customer dashboard to view, monitor and make ad hoc contribution payments at any point 24/7.
Alternatively, LayUp has fully automated the recurring billing process which allows you to sit back and relax as you reach closer to your goal each month by making your monthly instalments. Get in touch with us to find out more [email protected]
A deposit is required to secure the desired items now at the advertised price and to activate your payment plan, without having to pay in full. This does not require a credit check or additional information! The deposit payment is included within the total price of your desired item.
The monthly instalments act as payments made towards to the total amount owing for the product/service purchased. Dependant on the terms agreed upon by you and the merchant, these instalments allow for timely incremental amounts to be made instead of paying up-front. This typically results in not having to use credit or going into unwarranted debt.
The split payments is an exciting feature that allows you to split the total cost of your order with your family/friends (guests). This feature enables your guests to start and follow their own payment plans, once you choose to add split payment to the LayUp payment option at checkout. You may choose the amount of guests you want to include in the order, to reduce the total cost.
In the case of missing a payment, the amount will be rolled over and amortised over the remaining months left in your payment plan. To reduce the monthly instalments, make ad hoc payments on your personalised dashboard and watch as you reach closer and closer to your goal.
LayUp will send you monthly reminders via email and sms with a statement and then invoice once the billing run has occurred. You can also login to your dashboard to view and download your statements.
LayUp accepts all valid Visa and Mastercard that have been approved for online transactions. Please contact your bank and ensure e-commerce payments have been turned on and that you limit is set high enough for the payment to go through.
You will always be required to pay in full before receiving the goods or services. Once your payment plan is complete, the merchant will release the goods or service to you. Please contact [email protected] for merchant related queries and one of our expert account managers will get in touch.
Yes, it is! You would need to log in to your profile and “add card” to your already existing details. Once made the changes will be saved immediately and be updated for your next billing cycle.Yes, it is! You would need to log in to your profile and “add card” to your already existing details. Once made the changes will be saved immediately and be updated for your next billing cycle.
LayUp is a technology-driven “lay-buy” payments company which commenced activities in 2017 after validating the concept through a closed group of merchants and customers for 24 months. Our solution is tried and tested and we ensure we have put every measure in place for security processes and safety of collecting and receiving money on behalf the merchant and yourself.
As a fully registered, alternative payment solutions company, LayUp Technologies (Pty) Ltd , we ensure that we only work vetted companies that are legally bound to honour the lay-by contract they have agreed to. LayUp will ensure all your money is returned less the non-refundable deposit in lieu of any goods or services not being honoured by a merchant.
Meet our clients
They believe in us
We partner with organisations on their journey to digital transformation